Eat your way around Leeds’ street food scene devouring everything from Bao buns to burgers; falafel to curry. You'll visit six street food vendors, with food included at every stop, along with two alcoholic drinks - including a 'pour your own' beer stop!
You can expect:
- Street food from all over the world, enjoyed in cosy indoor settings
- Visits to two street food 'hubs' for multiple tastings
- Local beer - including a 'pour your own' stop
- An insight into the venues, their stories and their values
- Some street food history - including what steamed buns and severed heads have in common and why Robert the Chestnut Seller was arrested whilst selling street food in Leeds in the 1940s.
Start time: 6pm Thursdays
Tour length: 3-4 hours
Tour size: Maximum 5 people until 21st June, 6 people thereafter
Walking distance: Approximately 1 mile. If you have any questions about accessibility or please contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Allergies: please make me aware of any allergies at least 48 hours in advance of your tour by email (above)
Dietary requirements: this tour can be easily tailored to a vegetarian, vegan or gluten free diet.
If you would like to book a specific date that isn't listed, please get in touch and I'll see what I can do. The same goes for private bookings, which can be arranged for special occasions and corporate groups.
Will food tours be safe? Here's what I'm doing to ensure that food tours are Covid-safe, yet still enjoyable:
- Smaller groups - groups will be a maximum of 5 people until 21st June to ensure that guidelines around maximum table sizes are met.
- Masks, gloves & sanitiser - don't worry, I'm not going to make you eat whilst wearing a mask! I'll be wearing a mask and gloves, and I'll be carrying hand sanitiser at all times for you to use.
- Sharing plates - we'll be saying goodbye to group sharing platters, so that you only share a dish with those in your household
- Distance - I won't be able to ensure there's two metres between everyone, but I'll make sure that as much distance as possible is kept between those from different households.