Self-guided food tours are perfect for those who want to enjoy a food tour of Leeds at their own pace, at any time.
The self-guided tour includes everything you'd get from a guided tour, apart from me!
You'll enjoy generous tastings from six street food traders, discover venues you might not otherwise have found, and learn about the culinary history of Leeds, Yorkshire and beyond.
How It Works
Purchase your self-guided tour and you'll receive an email telling you the secret starting point. This is where you'll head to first to pick up your self-guided food tour pack.
(If you would prefer, or if this is a gift, you can choose to have the tour pack sent directly to you or your recipient rather than picking it up from the start point)
Here you'll be handed a Leeds Food Tours branded envelope containing everything you need to complete your tour:
- An introduction page, explaining how everything works
- A printed map, detailing the different stops and how to get there, along with a QR giving you access to directions via Google Maps.
- Venue cards telling you about each stop on the tour
- Fact cards explaining some of the foodie history of Leeds, Yorkshire and beyond
- Tasty tokens - these vouchers mean that your food is included in the price of the tour, and will be handed to the venues in return for selected dishes
The self-guided tour pack is suitable for two people... perfect for date nights or catching up with your best friend! If you're a group, you'll need to purchase one tour for every two people.
You will need to collect your tour pack during the following times: Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 4pm. You can start your tour when you want, so if you want to take part on a Sunday just collect the day before.
This food tour is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, and can cater for most dietary requirements. If you're unsure, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the nature of a self-guided tour, there is a small chance that a venue will be at full-capacity when you arrive. If this happens, please move on to the next venue and come back later. If you’re planning to do your food tour at a busy time, you may want to book ahead, but all venues accept walk-ins. Refunds will not be available if a venue is at full capacity.
We've worked hard to make sure that this tour is Covid-safe once current restrictions are lifted. All venues will be following government guidelines and making a huge effort to keep customers safe and happy. You won't be mixing with a tour guide or as part of a wider food tour booking, so interactions are kept to a minimum.
Understandably, you might want some reassurance that the tours can definitely be used when all of this passes. Here's my promise:
- There's no expiry date on the self-guided tours at the moment, so there's no rush to redeem it as soon as restrictions allow
- If any of the venues on the tour do not re-open, I will issue new information and tokens for equally tasty venues at no additional cost (updates will be posted on the website, and you or your recipient can email me to check)
- Because the tour is self-guided, you don't need to worry about mixing in a larger group and can participate when you feel comfortable doing so